Campaign Rules

Campaign Rules

Postby LeadLegionBrian » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 pm

The Malegaunt STC:

For six thousand years, the Malegaunt system and it's Standard Template Construction device -one of the few intact STC's left in the known galaxy- has been interdicted from normal space by a colossal warpstorm.

Until now. Three days ago, warpstorm activity in the system abruptly ceased. Orbital scans from a passing Inquisitorial ship reveal hundreds of relatively intact yet deserted settlements below. If home's and buildings have survived the mind-rending effects of the Warp intact, then chances are good that the STC has survived also. Alas, your not the only warband to learn of this opportunity. Dozens of warbands from Imperial and Alien factions alike are converging on the system and it's single inhabitable world.

Who will find the STC first and claim the prize?

Victory Conditions:
Be the first warband to successfully investigate all five objectives for clues and thereafter capture the STC from it's inhuman defenders.

Premise:

[*]Every player begins with one 500point warband. He must complete a roster of all members of his warband and provide it to myself (the DM).
[*]Every player will be allocated to one of the five available objectives at the beginning of the campaign.
[*]The five objective sites are: The Adeptus Administratum district, the Inquisitorial Forces, the Adeptus Mechanica district, the Librarium of the Planetary Universitat and the Adeptus Arbites Precinct House.
[*]Every month, each player will play one game against all the other players at his clue site. There will be only one battle per clue site per month, so these games will often involve multiple warband's fighting against one another.
[*]The player can fight as many additional battles each month as he wishes. Just bear in mind that any losses incurred in optional games will count. But then, so will any character advancement gained. I imagine the most common reason for such a game will probably be to steal a the location of an objective from another player (I'll devise a scenario for this) or else to rescue a captured member of your warband.
[*]The warband (or allied warbands) left in control of the objective at the end of the game may each use the investigation rules to obtain a clue to the location of the STC. A successful investigation will also identify the location of another (randomly determined) objective. The player may move their warband to the new objective and take part in the next battle at that location. If the investigation is unsuccessful, the warband must fight to retain control of the same clue site again next month.
[*]The player may select up to 250pts from his warband list for each game.
[*]Casualties may be recovered as normal. However, no reinforcements are available to any player unless he can capture an opposing model and convince it to change sides. Yes, this means a warband may be eliminated from the campaign through sheer attrition.
[*]When a casualty result determines that a model survives being removed from play, the model may not be fielded again until after the rest of the warband has participated in it's next monthly objective battle.
[*]The first player to obtain all five clues will earn the right to try to claim the STC for himself by playing against a very powerful NPC warband. If he captures the STC, he wins the game. The defending NPC warband will also begin with a set number of points which can be whittled away by multiple attacks on the STC and by guest appearances in other games. The player is allowed to field his entire remaining force in this game and enlist the aid of any allies he wishes in order to secure the STC (assuming the player is willing to share the Glory).
[*]Note: this defending force or other native gribblies might make occasional unwelcome appearances in random battles throughout the campaign. In such instances, the DM (that's me) will play the NPC forces where possible.
[*]In order to form an alliance, both warbands must be compatible allies in accordance with W40K canon. While a radical Inquisitor might be able to justify allying with Chaos forces, a Sister's of Battle or Space Marine warband never will.
LeadLegionBrian

Re: Campaign Rules

Postby LeadLegionBrian » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Final submission date for retinues is this coming Friday.

Send me a PM via the forums with your list or else a request for my personal email addy OR email me at my work address: brian@leadlegion.com

You'll be informed of your opponent(s) name(s) for the first game of the campaign this coming Sunday (or earlier) here and on facebook.

You have between 13th March (next Tuesday) and the second Tuesday of April to play your compulsory campaign game.

Campaign turns will always run from the second Tuesday of each month to the second tuesday of the next, so you should have at least four weeks to get together with your opponent and arrange a game.
LeadLegionBrian

Postby LeadLegionBrian » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:50 pm

FACTION/PLAYER Lists:

IMPERIAL:
Spencer, Ordo Xenos.
Sandy, Space Wolves

CHAOS:
Fraser, Cultists
Martin, Death Guard
Dougal, Night Lords

XENOS FILTH:
Barry, Eldar Pirates
Craig Thompson, Orks
Nick, Orks
George Halbert, Harlequins
Graeme, Orks

Fixture lists for the first month will be up soon.
Last edited by LeadLegionBrian on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeadLegionBrian

Postby Dougal » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:53 am

Loving your unbiased categories there, Brian. :D Imperial, Chaos, XENOS FILTH...
6th Edition 40k Gaming Record

Khorne Chaos Daemons W-5 D-0 L-0
Crimson Fists Space Marines W-1 D-0 L-0
Night Lords Chaos Marines W-3 D-0 L-0
Traitor Guard
Dougal

Postby LeadLegionBrian » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:10 am

*sniff* I am entirely neutral I assure you. Rumours of mould dissolving anti-greenskin gas hidden in the cargo crates not withstanding....
LeadLegionBrian

Postby LeadLegionBrian » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 am

First Month's Match-Up's.

Randomly allocated:

Adeptus Administratum District:
Sandy's Space Wolves vs Fraser's Cultists.

Inquisitorial Fortress
Coicidently, but appropriately enough:
Spencer's Ordo Xenos vs George's Harlequins

Adeptus Mechanica district
Graeme's Orcs vs Nicks Orcs

Librarium of the Planetary Universitat:
Barry's Eldar Pirates (didn't even know could read) vs Dougals Night Lords

Adeptus Arbites Precinct House:
Martin's Death Guard vs Craig's Orks.

You have from this coming Tuesday until the second Tuesdya in April to arrange and play your compulsory game against your listed opponent. You can play as many other games against any other opponent that you like during the month as well. Only the listed games are compulsory and only the listed games will give the winner a chance to investigate and learn the next clue. HOWEVER, if yous suspect another player may have a clue you do not yet have, you can try to capture the information from him by playing a special scenario. Let me know when you're planning this intelligence raid and then (and only then) will I send you the scenario rules.

Have fun.

If I'm not present on the club night, get another member of the campaign to witness the survival rolls for casualties and so on. Then email the results of the battle and your new, modified roster. I'll try to make as many nights as possible. Even if I'm occupied playing a game of something else, please feel free to interrupt and ask my questions at any time. I'll be sure to bring the rulebook with me.
LeadLegionBrian

Postby GBH » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:37 am

Ok Spence when suits for our game?
GBH

Postby Projekt Direktor » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:02 am

GBH wrote:Ok Spence when suits for our game?

Hi George,

I'm up for a game tonight, if you want.
Let me know by PM me or by my email

Cheers
Spencer
Projekt Direktor

Postby GBH » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 am

Ok wee quickie just some clarifications.
Can you write up the rule changes that you are using (running, slipt fire etc)
and how do you role up objective/ senareo, do you use the campaign book or do you have your own list?
How do the 'after mission' rolls work, do you still get the points etc as per the campaign book but can't spend it on reinforcement just equip/skills?
GBH

Postby LeadLegionBrian » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Ello George.

The house rules were listed on the Old Invision Stuff sub-forum under In the Emperor's Name. I should have posted them here as well. For clarity, here they are again, expanded with some more additions.

MATCH RULES:
*The player may select up to 250pts from his warband list for each game.
* Running: A figure may run an additional D6 inches in the shooting phase provided he does not shoot any weapons that turn. To run, indicate a point on the tabletop that the figure is attempting to reach. Regardless of what you roll, the figure must move as close to this point as possible. If you roll more than you need to reach this point, the additional distance is lost. If you roll less than the additional distance you need to reach this point, your model must move towards it as far as possible. Yes, this means your model might attempt to run from cover to cover only to be caught in the open.
* Models with the Terrifying skill are NOT immune to terror UNLESS they also have the stalwart skill.
*Casualties may be recovered as normal. However, no reinforcements are available to any player.

AFTER THE GAME:
* After every game, the winner receives 10 points with which he can buy new skills, upgrade stats and purchase extra equipment for his surviving figures. He CANNOT use these points to recruit new members for his retinue. Yes, this means a warband may be eliminated from the campaign through sheer attrition.
*When a casualty result determines that a model survives being removed from play, the model may not be fielded again until after the rest of the warband has participated in it's next monthly objective battle.
* Retinues do not earn victory points during the campaign and cannot therefore spend Victory Points on new weapons, new recruits, and new skills.

Invesitgations:
The player who successfully winds a compulsory game has the chance to invesitgate that objective location for clues. These may lead to another objective. At the end of every campaign month, I'll publically announce which players have successfully deciphered the clues they have obtained. The actual players who have deciphered the clues will find out what they have learned within a few days of winning their game. Usually about the time they provide me with an updated roster sheet.

Special Campaign Events:
* At the start of every month from month 2, there will be a special event. This might be as simple as a battlefield condfition that affects everygame such as Mist or Fog or it could be something nastier such as a Plague that make some of your force unavailable for play for a month or so (or even kill them if they roll a 1 on their grit roll). On the other hand, beneficial events may also occure -such as events that allow the purchase of special skills for certain players or else indicate the arrival of reinforcements. Sometimes the special event will actually be a special scenario that even may play that month if they wish (and gain benefits as a result).

Non-Compulsory Scenarios:
If you want to raid another retinues supply stash, kidnap a leader to interrogate, steal clues orambush another warband etc let me know. I'll create the scenario rules as and when needed.

WINNING:
The first player to obtain all five clues will earn the right to try to claim the STC for himself by playing against a very powerful NPC warband. If he captures the STC, he wins the game. The defending NPC warband will also begin with a set number of points which can be whittled away by multiple attacks on the STC and by guest appearances in other games. The player is allowed to field his entire remaining force in this game and enlist the aid of any allies he wishes in order to secure the STC (assuming the player is willing to share the Glory).

NPC FORCES:
*The STC defenders and other native gribblies may make occasional unwelcome appearances in random battles throughout the campaign. In such instances, the DM (that's me) will play the NPC forces where possible.

ALLIANCES:
*In order to form an alliance, both warbands must be compatible allies in accordance with W40K canon. While a radical Inquisitor might be able to justify allying with Chaos forces, a Sister's of Battle or Space Marine warband never will. Alliances can be arranged before and after a game but to arrange an alliance during a game (ie, on the tabletop) both players must first have a leader figure within 6" of each other, standing in the open (ie not in cover) and not attacking one another.
* Feel free to betray your allies at any time.

FINALLY:
DEATH GUARD: I've been chatting with some folks who are also play-testing ItEN. Turns out that the current rule for Death Guard is wrong (we all knew it had to be). Each Death Guard model should ignores the first FAILED Grit roll of the GAME.
LeadLegionBrian

Return to In The Emperor's Name